Serious about studying a Diploma of Travel & Tourism? Our delivery partner, Torrens University Australia is a recognised Higher Education Provider. This means that eligible students have the opportunity to apply for the Australian Government FEE-HELP loan scheme to defer payment of some, or all, of your tuition fees.
WHAT IS FEE-HELP
FEE-HELP is the Australian Government's loan scheme for higher education courses and is available to eligible students (see full eligibility criteria below, including Australian Citizenship).
FEE-HELP can assist in paying for all, or part of, your course fees. Repayments commence via the tax system once your income rises above a minimum threshold ($55,874 between 2017-2018 financial year). Just like with any other debt, a FEE-HELP debt is a real debt that impacts your credit rating.
HOW DO I APPLY
If you receive an offer from Travel Academy and Torrens University Australia, you will also receive a Request for FEE-HELP Assistance Form that you will need to complete if you want to access FEE-HELP to defer payment of some, or all, of your tuition fees. You will need to quote your tax file number or provide a Certificate of Application for a Tax File Number. The form must be returned to Torrens University Australia before the commencement date of your course.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FEE-HELP?
You are eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for a unit of study if you:
- are undertaking study with an approved provider
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements;
- you are an Australian citizen or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency criteria and who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to your course; OR
- you are a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit; OR
- you are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
- are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for the unit;
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit
For more information, visit the Study Assist FEE-HELP webpage.
Prefer to pay upfront?